Friday, August 10, 2012

"All right Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up,"


Everyone has heard that beauty is only skin deep. Balderdash! My pancreas is better looking than Robert Redford's. And I'll freely state that after several nips and tucks my bladder looks terrific. 

Yesterday, they did another cystoscopy. NO NEW TUMORS! This means that in a week or so I will go back to biological treatments. Once a week they instill a mix of Interferon and live tuberculosis bacillus into my bladder. It sounds more drastic than it is. The day after I sometimes am a bit feverish but within two to three days I'm back to my old self. (Not that many think that is a good thing.) This means that there is still a possibility that I can avoid the surgery. 

A special note here to those who have prayed for me. I thank you ever so much. No, that doesn't mean that I now am a believer. It means that ,as always, I acknowledge the possibility that I'm wrong and you're right. What the heck, it's happened once or a thousand times in my life.


1 comment:

  1. Just learning what you are up to, you have a good energy and positive spirit, humor is always good medicine, sending lots of love and light.
    faith

    ReplyDelete